Erm... noone ?

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В вторник, 27 октомври 2020 г., 02:51:00 Гринуич+2, Strahil Nikolov via Users
<users@ovirt.org> написа:

Hello All,

I would like to learn more about OVN and especially the maximum MTU that I can
use in my environment.

Current Setup 4.3.10
Network was created via UI -> MTU Custom -> 8976 -> Create on External Provider
-> Connect to Physical Network

So my physical connection is MTU 9000 and I have read that Geneve uses 24 bits
(maybe that's wrong ?) , thus I have reduced the MTU to 8976.

I did some testing on the VMs and ping with payload of '8914' was the maximum I
could pass without fragmenting and thus the MTU on the VMs was set to 8942.

Did I correctly configure the test network's MTU and am I understanding it
correctly that we need extra 34 bits inside the network for encapsulation ?

I have checked
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/network/managed_mtu_for_vm_networks.html
 but I don't see any refference how to calculate the max MTU.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov