On 2020-12-02 09:56, cpo cpo wrote:
Thanks.  Trying to figure out if I should use dedup/comp now.  If I
don't is the total usable space if I follow your setup guide for my
storage domain going to be 21tb once I am done with everything (3 vm
storage volumes, one per disk)?

Thanks,
Donnie

the comp/dedupe features use VDO, which IMO is a fairly large performance hit, at least in my testing on 9x900GB 24 drive raid 10 arrays.

My personal recommendation is to just use hardware / mdadm raid and lvm on top (oVirt can do this for you in the UI)

If you really need comp/dedupe, we use ZFS in production for that purpose. Granted this is not supported by oVirt, so YMMV.