On Tue, December 8, 2020 10:17 am, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 5:09 PM Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> wrote:

[snip]
>> Is there any chance this could be added to the --help output?
>> An actual example would have been very useful.
>
> Frankly, I'd prefer people (like you) that need to use these
> utilities manually, to search the net if they have problems,
> than spending hours debating about how long --help should be,
> what should be included in it and what not, what link we might
> provide for further reference (and please note that I didn't
> include such a link in my original reply - simply because I
> failed to find one that seemed "most suitable"), etc. That said,
> patches are welcome! If you think you can improve the current
> text in a conflict-free way, which everyone will agree to, please
> go ahead and push a patch! :-)

I'll take a look at doing that.

I did google some before asking here, but there were very few hits for
usage of pki-enroll-request.sh -- although I admit I did not try many
different search terms.  Most of the results were not ovirt related nor
related to this script at all.

> BTW: What I personally do, is to search the code and/or relevant
> logs to see what other tools (the engine, engine-setup, in this
> case) do, as "reference examples".

That presumes having ready access to (in this case) ovirt sources -- which
you obviously do but I do not.  As a user, I don't feel I should need to
go refer to the sources to determine how a utility program should be
properly used.  IMHO that's what documentation is used for.  However I
will keep that in mind for my next issue ;)

But I do understand your PoV -- for GnuCash I often reference the sources
when answering people's questions.  However that's a case where I am (or
was) one of the developers so I do have the sources handy.  :)

Thanks again.  I am all set now!

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com