On 12/21/2020 8:22 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

  oVirt 4.4.4 is now generally available

The oVirt project is excited to announce the general availability of oVirt 4.4.4 , as of December 21st, 2020.

This release is available now on x86_64 architecture for:

 *

    Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.3

 *

    CentOS Linux (or similar) 8.3

 *

    CentOS Stream (tech preview)

Sandro,

I have a question about "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" compatibility with oVirt.  I've always used CentOS in the past along with oVirt.  I'm running CentOS 7 along with oVirt 4.3.  I really want to upgrade to oVirt 4.4, but I'm not comfortable with the future vision for CentOS as it stands for my virtualization platform.  If I was to move to RHEL for my oVirt systems, but still stick with the "self supported" model, it's not clear whether  I can get away with using "RHEL Workstation" for my 4 hosts ($179 USD each), or whether I need to purchase "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server" ($349 USD each).  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason.

PS: I had sent the above with my other email accidentally .. list moderator can delete.