On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 8:38 PM Gervais de Montbrun
<gerv...@demontbrun.com> wrote:

> Anyone using vagrant with oVirt 4.4?
>
> I am trying to get the vagrant plugin working with oVirt, but I am
> experiencing issues. https://github.com/myoung34/vagrant-ovirt4/issues/120
> I wonder what other folks are using or if someone has any suggestions to
> offer.
>
> We are trying to switch from vSphere to oVirt for internal, developer vm's at
> my office and we have a successful workflow using vagrant-vsphere plugin.
> Switching to oVirt should have been a simple step, but the issue I an having
> is a blocker.
>
> I built a single hyperconverged server to test with. Everything seems to work
> fine when I bring up vm's manually in my "cluster." Networking, console, etc
> all work fine. Ovirt-guest-additions work fine and display the vm's ip in the
> gui.
>
> When I try with the vagrant plugin, there seems to be a communication issue.
> Even though I can see the vm reporting its IP address fine in the ovirt web
> gui, it seems like the vagrant plugin is unable to do the same. The
> maintainer of the code says that he no longer runs oVirt which is why I am
> reaching out here to see if anyone has a suggestion or even an alternative to
> suggest.

Adding Tomas.

I am just guessing that this is related to the migration of
functionality from ovirt-guest-agent to qemu-guest-agent.

If you want to try fixing this yourself, somehow make vagrant log all
the information it gets from oVirt. You'll most likely find the
address there, but perhaps not where it's expecting it.

Good luck and best regards,
--
Didi