> Questions:
> 1) I have two important VMs that have snapshots that I need to boot
> up.  Is their a means with an HCI configuration to manually start the
> VMs without oVirt engine being up?
What it worked for me was:
1) Start a VM via "virsh"
define a virsh alias:
alias virsh='virsh -c qemu:///system?authfile=/etc/ovirt-hosted-
engine/virsh_auth.conf'
Check the host's vdsm.log ,where the VM was last started - you will
find the VM's xml inside .
Copy the whole xml and use virsh to define the VM "virsh define
myVM.xml && virsh start myVM"

2) vdsm-client most probably can start VMs even when the engine is down
> 2) Is their a means to debug what is going on with the engine failing
> to start to repair (I hate reloading as the only fix for systems)
You can use "hosted-engine" to start the HostedEngine VM in paused mode
. Then you can connect over spice/vnc and then unpause the VM. Booting
the HostedEngine VM from DVD is a little bit harder. You will need to
get the HE's xml and edit it to point to the DVD. Once you got the
altered HE config , you can define and start.
> 3) Is their a means to re-deploy HCI setup wizard, but use the
> "engine" volume and so retain the VMs and templates?
You are not expected to mix HostedEngine and other VMs on the same
storage domain (gluster volume).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov