The main issue isn't oVirt, but Nvidia's drivers inside a virtual machine: You
use 'unapproved' GPUs in what Nvidia drivers recognise as a VM, they'll refuse
to load.

RTX series cards should be ok, I've tried K40 and P100 and they are just as
fine with oVirt pass-through.
V100 tests are still outstanding, but I am glad Matthias is reporting success.

I've been able to trick consumer GPUs into working with KVM on machines that I
also use for oVirt, but oVirt itself is constructing the XML files for KVM
on-the-fly, so you'd have to fiddle with the code that builds them: I haven't
even found that yet.

In terms of video rendering I've found the VirtualGL project
(https://virtualgl.org/) rather fascinating, which allowed me to run the
unengine singularity benchmark and "game" on a V100 GPU projected to a notebook
hundreds of kilometers away...

The RTX series is supposed to enable partitioning of the GPUs, so several
students can get a slice each: Never tried, don't know if that requries extra
drivers etc. The target here is evidently remote CAD for aviation and defense,
where money belts are quite a bit wider than in education.