Disks + Linux + iSCSI target   (Need I say more)

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 12:26 PM
To: users@ovirt.org
Subject: [ovirt-users] Small SAN suggestions?

I have an oVirt cluster with a significantly oversized SAN for storage (iSCSI,
have 30TB storage but am only using about 2.5TB).  I'm looking for a more
appropriately-sized setup.  Any suggestions?

This is currently a Dell EqualLogic array - it doesn't look like they really
even have a smallish VM-storage (at least that isn't VMware) product these
days.  Looking at our stats, we're doing more write than read ops (outside of
when backups run), typically under 150 write ops per second.

I'm not looking at replacing servers right now, so not looking at
hyperconverged.

Just interested in what hardware people are using these days for a setup this
size.  Thanks.
--
Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>