On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 8:51 AM <amirpasha.saleh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a single physical host and it's isolated and I don't have access to
> other hosts or share storage.
>
> Is it possible to use my host local storage as shared storage for my
> hosted-engine setup?
>
> Sharing a directory like /var/ovirt-storage with NFS. What about iSCSI?

Please see previous discussions about oVirt on a single node/server/host.

TL;DR:
1. Both NFS and iSCSI can work. NFS used to be considered more risky,
due to locking issues. Not sure about current status.
2. Depending on your needs, it might be better, e.g. for
learning/debugging, to create separate VMs using plain kvm/libvirt
(e.g. virt-manager) VMs on your host, and use these also has hosts
(hypervisors). Then, simply have a separate VM for storage.

Good luck and best regards,
--
Didi