If the log is empty it usually means cinderlib-client.py failed during
startup, probably because the dependencies are missing.
python3-cinderlib is required on the engine machine (and ceph-common,
since you use ceph), python3-os-brick is required on the hosts (and
ceph-common).
See the instructions here for ussuri:
https://ovirt.org/documentation/installing_ovirt_as_a_standalone_manager_with_local_databases/#Set_up_Cinderlib