So I just finished migrating my 4.3 engine to 4.4 on a brand new RHvEL8
install; next step is to upgrade the hosts.  When I first started with oVirt I
used my own CentOS installs, but quickly decided that it made no sense for my
use case.  Now I am looking at upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 and asking myself the
same question.  Up to now oVirt node has been using the same exact OS I would
have used +/- a few extra packages, but with the traditional CentOS going away
it really depends on what the new oVirt nodes are going to be based on.  I have
a feeling the answer to that question is CentOS Stream, which I don't feel
comfortable with for this task.  While I am sure the developers will test the
combination before releasing a new node, they are still only testing whatever
specific hardware combination they have.  There could be numerous weird bugs
that will only show up in certain situations.  If Stream was as stable as an EL
release, there wouldn't be EL releases.  I also appreciate the fa
 ct that oVirt is itself a work in progress, but the stable branch is
considerably more like an EL release than a stream.  Anyway, back to the point.
 Just want to confirm the future for node is stream before I go wasting time
building my own EL8 hosts.