I managed to get host2 online and take the SPM role.
I can run virtual machines now.
After all, it was a corrupt CentOS 7 installation (many library files with 0 KB
size).

But host1 is still in status “Unassigned”.
I tried to use the option “Confirm host has been rebooted” but it did not help.
All options are greyed out except “SSH Management:" “Restart” and “Stop”.
I cannot set the host to maintenance mode, nor can I delete it.
I would like to reinitialize or reinstall host1 - how can I do that?

In the Events of oVirt, I can see the following message roughly every minute:
VDSM host1 command Get Host Capabilities failed: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target

Any ideas how I could proceed?

Best regards
Toni