On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 6:45 PM morgan cox <morganco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 6:39 PM morgan cox <morgancoxuk(a)gmail.com&gt;
> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> > did you try to "Sync All Networks" from the engine UI?
>
> Yes, and nothing happened.

That is strange, because nmstate would report if the configuration does not
match what was requested.

> The root issue is that I had my network bond created 'ifcfg-bond0.1700'
> already which uses the td-hv bridge - this has the right ip I need to use,
> the 'ovirtmgmt' interface was added by the engine and is set to dhcp - but
> no dhcp server is available

So first important thing, 4.4 does not use ifcfg anymore. You can change
ovirtmgmt to have no bootproto or just static that should not be a problem.

> the device td-hv holds the IP that ovirtmgmt should be using I believe,
> how can I configure this?  I tried altering the
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts files but they revert back on reboot - I
> can't remove td-hv  in the GUI as that is a required network (which has the
> dafault network)

Again touching ifcfg files does not help. Also vdsm has its own persistence
so after reboot it will be reverted to the state that is configured. You
can temporarily uncheck the required network, but if the host is
in maintenance it can be altered.

--

Ales Musil

Software Engineer - RHV Network