Once upon a time, Ales Musil <amu...@redhat.com> said:
> That is generally a bad idea, oVirt has its own network persistence, it
> would be reverted
> on reboot and the engine would complain that those networks are out of
> sync.

Part of the email had been trimmed - this was a temporary thing for
physically moving this cluster to a new location, where the VLANs are
all bridged across a couple of links that don't support jumbo frames.  I
didn't want to make a permanent change, and in my testing, lowering the
MTU while iSCSI connections were active broke them.

So I rolled through the hosts, putting them in maintenance, changing the
MTU manually, and reactivating them, and that did work.  The engine did
note that the networks were out of sync, but did not force them back
(which was my main concern).

I definitely wouldn't do this for any normal thing, but it did work for
my temporary setup during the move.  I was able to move my running VMs
and their storage to a new home, 5 miles away, without shutting any of
them down.
--
Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>