Once upon a time, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> said:
> This means that if I do this I create a break in the dependency of the VM
> from the particular storage domain, correct?

Yes.  I just finished moving some VMs based on templates from one
storage domain to another (for some of these, I think this is the third
SAN these VMs/templates have lived on, now in the second physical
location 5 miles away :) ).

> And what if later I go and edit the template, changing its properties? I
> think they are only metadata that doesn't imply any modification of the
> disk itself, that is now present in more than one domain, correct?

AFAIK template settings are all in the database on the engine.  The disk
image on storage is just that: a disk image.
--
Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net>