Hi all,
we are starting to work on oVirt 4.4.7 and as you probably noticed we are
slowly transitioning away from CentOS. We added CentOS Stream option for
regular hosts, and the current 4.4.6 Node and Appliance are already built from
Stream. We also have some initial patches for alternative RHEL clones other
than CentOS, however we can’t really support them until they provide the
required dependencies.
We are not ditching CentOS just yet, but we can no longer accommodate the long
delay it takes CentOS team to produce a next minor version, hence for oVirt
4.4.7 we will require the operating system to be at the RHEL 8.4 level - that’s
a CentOS 8.4 if that gets released in time
or the actual RHEL 8.4 or any 8.4 clone like Alma, Rocky, OL with the right
dependencies (probably the ones from Stream)
or CentOS Stream.

In the meantime we're going to be moving the existing CI resources to test with
CentOS Stream to unblock development of new features.
If you would want to help with testing other OSes patches are welcome to add
support for them

Thanks,
michal