Hi,

On our hosts, we periodically see libvirt crashes as described in
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/5694061.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2021:1125 (issued April 7) is the
advisory that contains a fix for this issue.

This bug should be fixed in libvirt 6.6.0-13.2 in the "Advanced
Virtualization" repo. When I look at the
ovirt-4.4-advanced-virtualization repo on my hosts, it does not (yet)
contain this update.

Are updates from the Advanced Virtualization repo not automatically
rebuild for CentOS 8.3?

On a CentOS Stream 8 machine, libvirt is version
libvirt-6.0.0-35.module_el8.5.0+746+bbd5d70c.src.rpm.

Installing centos-release-advanced-virtualization adds the Advanced
Virtualization repo file, which then also brings in the 6.6.0-13 version.

When I look at a CentOS 8 stream mirror, for example
http://mirror.kinamo.be/centos/8-stream/virt/x86_64/, I do see the virt
repos with a newer libvirt, but this is not the repo the
centos-release-advanced-virtualization package is using?

What is the recommended setup to use to have this bug fix available?

Regards,

Rik

--
Rik Theys