I think my "CPU" issue may have been partly a combination with low available
RAM in the cluster. I wound up putting the 1st host back into maintenance mode
and running *another* upgrade on the host.

After it rebooted again, it was fully available to the cluster. And I
successfully upgraded a 2nd host, onto which I was able to migrate VMs for
preparation of upgrading the 3rd host.

All seems well, for now, after I upgraded the 1st host a second time earlier
today.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.