On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 6:19 PM Don Dupuis <donds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is the same script, I just renamed it. Now what I did works but it
> isn't the proper way to do it. I want to improve it before contributing it
> as I write the ovf data back out to a file and use pythons sed like
> functionality to modify the file and then read in the updated one to give
> to the engine. I just wanted to get something to work to get my project
> done.

Ack, yeah, it makes sense to change that.
I don't know if you've added an argument to the script that determines
whether or not the entity is imported as a clone, but it can also be handy
to import as a clone automatically when a VM/template with the same ID
already exists. That's something we used to do when importing from export
domains and we miss it for uploading from OVA.