I have an Ovirt installation with a hosted engine and three hosts. Using
Gluster as the storage for the VMs.
Ovirt: 4.4.6.7
Hosts: CentOS Stream release 8 (updated to latest)
So far so good.

I am trying to add a new host to the cluster with the same OS and hardware as
the others and I cannot get it to install, it gives me all kind of errors and
it will not install.
I reinstalled the OS and I am getting the same results.
DNS is configured properly and working ok for all hosts.

I can see this error in this log file ansible-runner-service.log:

2021-05-30 15:46:38,319 - runner_service.services.hosts - ERROR - SSH -
NOAUTH:SSH auth error - passwordless ssh not configured for 'ovirt4'
(sshd is configured exactly the same as all other hosts and I can login to this
host without a password from the ovirt hosted engine)

I see these errors in the log engine.log:

2021-05-30 16:22:35,166Z ERROR [org.ovirt.vdsm.jsonrpc.client.reactors.Reactor]
(SSL Stomp Reactor) [] Unable to process messages PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
2021-05-30 16:22:35,175Z ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
(EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-32) []
EVENT_ID: VDS_BROKER_COMMAND_FAILURE(10,802), VDSM ovirt4.net.miami.edu command
Get Host Capabilities failed: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
2021-05-30 16:22:35,175Z ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.monitoring.HostMonitoring]
(EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-32) []
Unable to RefreshCapabilities: VDSNetworkException: VDSGenericException:
VDSNetworkException: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
2021-05-30 16:22:35,597Z ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.gluster.GlusterSyncJob]
(EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-23) []
Error while refreshing server data for cluster 'Default' from database: null

I tried reinstalling, rebooting, put it in maintenance, enroll the certificate,
check for Upgrades, rebooted multiple times both the hosts and the ovirt engine:
nothing works.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.