Hmm.... right as I said that, I just had a thought.
I DO have a "backup" server in place (that I haven't even started using yet),
that currently has some empty hard drive bays.

It would take some extra work, but I could use that 4th backup server as a
temporary staging ground to begin building the new Gluster configuration. Once
I have that server + 2 of my production servers rebuilt properly, I could then
simply remove and replace this "backup" server with my 3rd server in the
cluster.

So this effectively means that I have 2 servers that I can take down completely
at a single time to rebuild gluster, instead of just 1. I think that simplifies
things.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.