On 7/13/2021 8:11 AM, Branimir Pejakovic wrote:
I've been giving this a look and it seems that we aren't building the
advanced virt modules because CentOS builds them from upstream?

I've found no mention of them in their Pagure, and they're built on
their Community Build System via a SIG, with the metadata set on them
as `Extra: {'source': {'original_url': 'libvirt-7.0.0-
14.1.el8.src.rpm'}}`.

My colleague Neil looked into it, and concluded it seems to be a CLI
build being manually run(?).

We could investigate building that, but I'm not sure how good we'd be
to do so as it would likely involve repackaging straight from RHEL
sources via a RHEL machine.

Anyway, happy to help in any way I can on this, I'm in our
SIG/Virtualization channel on Mattermost if anyone wants to get to me
easily.
Hi Hayden

If you can do this - the word awesome would be an understatement ;-)

I have been using oVirt for 7 years now and it is a fantastic product (I
started using it when it was 3.1 or 3.4). I am in a similar position as Jason
who started this thread. The main goal of my experiment described above is to
see if I can deploy it on bare metal nodes with Rocky as a hypervisor
replacement for CentOS. I actually wanted to convert to Proxmox but wanted to
give oVirt one more chance :)

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Branimir

Thanks, Branimir.

I am really hoping that Sandro and the rest of the oVirt team can help make this possible for Rocky Linux.  It seems like it won't be too tricky.  I've heard offline from a lot of people who would be very interested in using Rocky Linux for this very purpose, so there's a lot of interest out there.  It would be a huge win for oVirt.

Jason.