On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:02 AM Christoph Timm <ov...@timmi.org> wrote:

> Am 19.07.21 um 09:27 schrieb Yedidyah Bar David:
> > On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:04 AM Christoph Timm <ov...@timmi.org> wrote:
> >> Hi Didi,
> >>
> >> thank you for the quick response.

> >> Yes I found them as well.
> >>
> >> Thread-1::WARNING::2021-07-19
> >> 08:02:00,032::network::120::network.Network::(_dns) DNS query failed:
> >> ; <<>> DiG 9.11.26-RedHat-9.11.26-4.el8_4 <<>> +tries=1 +time=5
> >> ;; global options: +cmd
> >> ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

> >> So I understand that the following command is triggered to test the
> >> network: "dig +tries=1 +time=5"
> > Indeed.

> >> I'm happy to give it a try.
> >> Please confirm that I need to replace this file (network.py) on all my
> >> nodes (CentOS 8.4 based) which can host my engine.
> > It definitely makes sense to do so, but in principle there is no problem
> > with applying it only on some of them. That's especially useful if you try
> > this first on a test env and try to enforce a reproduction somehow (overload
> > the network, disconnect stuff, etc.).
> OK will give it a try and report back.

Thanks and good luck.

> >> I'm quite sure that I see this since we moved to 4.4.(4).
> >> Just for house keeping I'm running 4.4.7 now.
> > We use 'dig' as the network monitor since 4.3.5, around one year before 4.4
> > was released: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1659052
> >
> > Which version did you use before 4.4?
> The last 4.3 versions have been 4.3.7, 4.3.9 and 4.3.10 before migrating
> to 4.4.4.

I now realize that in above-linked bug we only changed the default, for new
setups. So if you deployed He before 4.3.5, upgrade to later 4.3 would not
change the default (as opposed to upgrade to 4.4, which was actually a
new deployment with engine backup/restore). Do you know which version
your cluster was originally deployed with?

Best regards,
--
Didi