On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 4:17 PM <regl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I'll deploy a new Windows guest and try the 'VirtIO-SCSI'
> interface and see if my performance is any better. It's just a default
> install of Windows at this point, so that'll be easy. :)

I think it should work also this way:
. hot add a disk to your Windows VM with size small as you want (eg 1Gb)
and configure it as virtio-scsi.
. in windows os when it asks for a driver, you provide what you need (the
virtio-win iso) and let windows configure
. eventually restart windows to verify all is ok
. shutdown the vm and set the boot disk as virtio-scsi
. power on the vm
. windows should auto configure it and perhaps reboot and you are then done
. remove the second disk

Gianluca