Hi Gianluca,

You can add and remove a VM lease while the VM is running but not swapping
it.
Technically I don't see why we can't implement VM lease swapping (hot
remove + add new) but we should prioritize it first.

If needed please file an RFE for this feature.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 at 17:14, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> on a 4.4.6 environment where I'm moving storage I want to change the lease
> domain for an HA VM.
> The VM is running and if I go and edit, change sd and then press ok
> button, I get a window with:
>
> "
> Changes that can be applied immediately:
>
>     VM Lease
> "
>
> I don't select the "apply later" check box. But then instead when I
> confirm, I get an error window with:
>
> "
> vm_name:
>
>     Cannot edit VM. Hot swapping of VM leases is not supported, please
> remove the current lease and then set a new one.
> "
>
> Possibly it is possible to hot add a lease but not swap? So I think the
> first window should be changed. Is this a known issue?
> No problem if I change the lease storage domain while the VM is powered
> off.
>
> I don't know if it is already fixed in 4.4.7... I'm going to check next
> days..
>
> Gianluca

Regards,
Eyal Shenitzky