Ubuntu support: I feel ready to bet a case of beer, that that won't happen.

oVirt lives in a niche, which doesn't have a lot of growth left.

It's really designed to run VMs on premise, but once you're fully VM and
containers, cloud seems even more attractive and then why bother with oVirt
(which has a steep learning curve)?

Of course, you can run oVirt on some clouds to get a bit of your own
abstraction and mangement layer, but cost vs. benefit are doubtful, especially
when you can change the code that gave you your infrastructure as code.

I still see some potential where you need a fault tolerant redundant physical
HCI edge built from small devices like industrial NUCs or Atoms (remote SMB,
factories, ships, railroads, military/expedition, space stations). But for that
the quality of the software would have to improve in spades.

If oVirt in HCI was as reliable as CentOS7 on physical hardware, pure software
update support could perhaps be made to cost no more than the hardware and
you'd have something really interesting.

But that would require large masses (millions) of deployment to make
worthwhile, which can't happen with somebody doing a huge amount of initial
subsidies. And who would be able (and motivated) to shoulder that?

But that's really just my personal opinion, Didi is the much better authority.