Il giorno mar 31 ago 2021 alle ore 12:43 Paul-Erik Törrönen <
pol...@poltsi.fi> ha scritto:

> [...]
> > package because of dependencies.
> > As for its failure- looks like an issue with the repositories.
> > Please run $ yum repolist
> > on the host and copy the output
>
> Sorry for replying so late, was on a 2-week road-trip.
>
> $ yum repolist
> repo id
>                                         repo name
> appstream
>                                         CentOS Stream 8 - AppStream
> baseos
>                                         CentOS Stream 8 - BaseOS
> elasticsearch-7.x
>                                         Elasticsearch repository for 7.x
> packages
> epel-next
>                                         Extra Packages for Enterprise
> Linux 8 - Next - x86_64
> extras
>                                         CentOS Stream 8 - Extras
> ovirt-4.4
>                                         Latest oVirt 4.4 Release
> ovirt-4.4-centos-ceph-pacific
>                                         Ceph packages for x86_64
> ovirt-4.4-centos-gluster8
>                                         CentOS-8 - Gluster 8
> ovirt-4.4-centos-opstools
>                                         CentOS-8 - OpsTools - collectd
> ovirt-4.4-centos-stream-advanced-virtualization
>                                         Advanced Virtualization CentOS
> Stream packages for x86_64
> ovirt-4.4-centos-stream-nfv-openvswitch
>                                         CentOS-8 - NFV OpenvSwitch
> ovirt-4.4-centos-stream-ovirt44
>                                         CentOS-8 Stream - oVirt 4.4
> ovirt-4.4-copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:mdbarroso:ovsdbapp
>                                         Copr repo for ovsdbapp owned by
> mdbarroso
> ovirt-4.4-copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:sac:gluster-ansible
>                                         Copr repo for gluster-ansible
> owned by sac
> ovirt-4.4-copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:sbonazzo:EL8_collection
>                                         Copr repo for EL8_collection
> owned by sbonazzo
> ovirt-4.4-epel
>                                         Extra Packages for Enterprise
> Linux 8 - x86_64
> ovirt-4.4-openstack-train
>                                         OpenStack Train Repository
> ovirt-4.4-virtio-win-latest
>                                         virtio-win builds roughly
> matching what will be shipped in upcoming RHEL
> powertools
>                                         CentOS Stream 8 - PowerTools
>
> Then there's also this:
>
> $ dnf update
> Last metadata expiration check: 0:28:17 ago on Tue 31 Aug 2021 12:45:32
> PM EEST.
> Error:
>   Problem 1: cannot install the best update candidate for package
> ovirt-host-dependencies-4.4.7-1.el8.x86_64
>    - nothing provides python3-os-brick needed by
> ovirt-host-dependencies-4.4.8-1.el8.x86_64
>   Problem 2: package ovirt-host-4.4.8-1.el8.x86_64 requires
> ovirt-host-dependencies = 4.4.8-1.el8, but none of the providers can be
> installed
>    - cannot install the best update candidate for package
> ovirt-host-4.4.7-1.el8.x86_64
>    - nothing provides python3-os-brick needed by
> ovirt-host-dependencies-4.4.8-1.el8.x86_64

Please "yum update ovirt-release44" so it will pull in the new repositories
needed to satisfy the dependencies.

> Poltsi

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>

*Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to
answer this email out of your office hours.*