OK looking into this further, it seems that I was incorrect about the Gluster
situation on these hosts. There are three hosts which form a replicated
arbitrated gluster volume between them. There is a second gluster volume which
is distributed but only seems to exist on the 4 host (the one the failed VMs
are running on. I am not sure why this was set up this way.

After all that I looked closer and realized there is an NFS share which these
VMs disks are located on. I can access and write to this NFS share from the
host itself so I am not sure what the story is as to why I cannot get this VM
to come up. Seems like everything is there for it to do so. The error I get
when trying to start up the VM is the following:

 <vm-name> has been paused due to storage I/O problem.

How can I determine what this I/O problem actually is? IS the disk file
corrupted somehow? Both VMs that won;t start are using this NFS share. Others
that are running also use it so I am  ot sure what the problem here is or where
to start looking for an answer. Thanks in advance for your help.