The host cannot be set to maintenance if there are image transfer with
status different then PAUSED (by user or system - 4/5 in the DB) or
FINISHED (success or failure - 9/10 in the DB).

If there are image transfer session in the DB with status that is different
then those that I mentioned, you should see why the have a different status
and finalize/clean them before setting the host to maintenance.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 at 15:43, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 11:38 AM David White via Users <users@ovirt.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much.
>> I was able to (re)set the `engine` user's password in Postgres.
>> Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble unlocking the disks.
>>
>> The following command produces no output underneath "Locked disks" when I
>> run this command on the hosted engine VM:
>>
>> *[root@ovirt-engine1 dwhite]# PGPASSWORD=snip
>> /usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils/unlock_entity.sh -t disk -q*
>> *Locked disks*
>>
>> However, in the oVirt UI, when I try to put the host into maintenance
>> mode I continue to get the message that there are (3) locked disks
>> (screenshot below).
>> [image: Screenshot from 2021-10-15 04-29-15.png]
>>

> Do  you have active image transfers?
>
> You can check by getting
>
>     https://myengine/ovirt-engine/api/imagetransfers
>
> If there are no image transfers, check the relevant disks status:
>
>     https://myengine/ovirt-engine/api/disks/{id}
>
> If the disks status is "locked", it may be engine bug, not cleaning up
> after
> failed image transfer.
>
> If there is no task in engine using this disk, you can change the disk
> status using:
>
> # sudo -u postgres psql -d engine
>
> Finding the locked images:
>
> # select image_group_id,imagestatus from images where imagestatus=2;
>
> Unlocking an image:
>
> # update images set imagestatus=1 where image_group_id='xxx-yyy';
>
> Nir

Regards,
Eyal Shenitzky