Hi,

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 11:55 AM Matyi Szabolcs
<matyi.szabo...@internetx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when hosted-engine --deplying:
>
> [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Fetch cluster facts]
>
> [ INFO ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Fetch Datacenter facts]
>
> [ INFO ] ok: [localhost]
> [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Fetch Datacenter ID]
>
> [ INFO ] ok: [localhost]
>
> [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Fetch Datacenter name]
>
> [ INFO ] ok: [localhost]
>
> [ INFO ] TASK [ovirt.ovirt.hosted_engine_setup : Add NFS storage domain]
>
> [ ERROR ] ovirtsdk4.Error: Fault reason is "Operation Failed". Fault detail is
> "Network error during communication with the Host.". HTTP r
> esponse code is 400.
>
> [ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg":
> "Fault reason is \"Operation Failed\". Fault detail is \"Network
> error
> during communication with the Host.\". HTTP response code is 400."}
>
> Please specify the storage you would like to use (glusterfs, iscsi, fc,
> nfs)[nfs]:
>

> NFS sharing is fine I can mount from VM and also from localhost..

I think this error is about the *engine* failing to communicate with the
*host* you deploy on, not the NFS server.

Can you login to the engine VM? You can try that from the host. You can
finds its (private) IP address by checking the logs, e.g.:

# grep -A20 local_vm_ip
/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-ansible-bootstrap_local_vm*

Good luck and best regards,
--
Didi