Hi,

we are doing a P2V import of an Oracle Linux 6 physical host to Ovirt 4.2.1.
The process we are using as follows:

1. Use VMWare Converter to perform the P2V migration into VSphere (we tried the
virt-p2v but it was unworkable in this environment).
2. Export the virtual machine from VMWare to OVF.
3. Convert the OVF to an OVA using ovftool on Linux.
4. Import the OVA into KVM.

The OVA import process completes successfully with no errors in the log. When
trying to boot the guest the message of "BdsDxe: No bootable option or device
was found" is displayed on the console. The source physical host is UEFI and
the physical host uses GPT partition table. I have tried all sorts of
combinations of BIOS, virtual disk type (VirtIO, SATA) but nothing seems to be
working. The disks can be found when booting into a rescue DVD and the root
file system can be mounted under rescue mode. Everything looks ok from the OVA
import log.

Software versions below:

KVM Version: 4.2.1 - 11.el7
LIBVIRT Version: libvirt-5.7.0-31.el7
VDSM Version: vdsm-4.30.46-1.0.6.el7

I'm at a bit of a loss how to get this going as there seems to be something
fundamental that is not working for this type of guest.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mark