Hi,

> ... You might want to check the list archives for previous discussions about
> this ...

Thanks for those links! I have an idea for a path forward, but I'm not sure
it's supported. It looks like oVirt used to have a "all-in-one" option, but the
hosted engine replaced that.

> I'd like to clarify that a hosted-engine deployment isn't always the best
> approach for a single machine setup.

The other path I can see is installing the vanilla "engine-setup" to an oVirt
node directly. That way the engine isn't inside a VM (I just hate how much
cpu/ram you have to dedicate to the VM, and it's not even dynamic). Is it in a
VM for security? I'll never need to move it for my use case, so I can live
without the adaptability VM's come with.

If installing the engine directly to the node IS supported, this was where I
was hitting my problem:
    ```bash
    yum upgrade -y
    yum install https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release44.rpm
    yum upgrade -y
    yum install ovirt-engine # HERE, can't find it. I can still install
ovirt-engine-appliance for the hosted-engine setup.
    ```
    I was also hitting a problem at this step, with the machine not knowing the
modules exist:
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/installing_ovirt_as_a_standalone_manager_with_remote_databases/#Enabling_the_Red_Hat_Virtualization_Manager_Repositories_install_RHVM
 (i.e `dnf module enable javapackages-tools` returns `missing groups or
modules: javapackages-tools`)

If installing the engine directly to a node ISN'T supported, what other routes
for a single host setup are there? The only replacement for the all-in-one I
can find, is the hosted-engine route.

> I suppose most people do supply a name here, and the few that don't, just
> retry without reporting a bug

I saw a lot of people using input files anyways to automate the install, so I
think I'll go that route too, if hosted-engine still ends up taking the least
resources of the possible options.

Thanks!
Cameron