On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 6:02 PM <florianvanoudgaar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Didi,
>
> You were correct,
> I don't have a DNS server running here.
> and I forgot the entry in the local hosts file on the server running Ovirt.
> I changed the hosts file on my laptop, so that's why I didn't realize the
> entry was missing in the local hosts file on the ovirt host
> Now I'm in the Ovirt web gui
> And going to bang my head against a wall for forgetting about the local hosts
> file. :p
> It was mentioned in the installation guide, so I made a screw-up here.
> My apologies for wasting time here.

Thanks for the report! :-)

I'd still consider it a bug, though. Can you perhaps check
the setup log (in /var/log/ovirt-engine/setup) to see exactly
what happened? If the FQDN you input was not resolvable at all
on the engine machine, I think engine-setup should have
prevented you from continuing. If it resolves to a wrong
address, that's a different issue - IIRC we do not check for
this currently, not sure.

Best regards,
--
Didi