On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 9:11 AM Ayansh Rocks
<shashank123rast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Yedidyah,
>
> I am thinking to do below -
>
> # hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global
> # hosted-engine --clean-metadata --host-id=<old_host_id> --force-clean"
>
> I hope it is safe and tested ?

It is tested, and it's "safe" as in "Does what it's designed to do".

It's definitely not "safe" as in "riskless" - if you make a mistake,
you risk damage. I didn't use it myself recently, and do not remember
details anymore. It's definitely not something that you are supposed
to use/need casually.

If unsure, and if your environment is important to you (not just some
test/dev/learn thing), I warmly suggest to try this first on a test
env (can be done with nested-kvm VMs, no need for physical machines
for this).

That said, others on this list (and elsewhere) did use it successfully,
and I recommend again to search for examples/reports/experiences.

Good luck and best regards,

--
Didi