From: Milan Zamazal <mzama...@redhat.com>
Sent: 14 February 2022 18:04
To: Francesco Lorenzini <france...@shellrent.com>
Cc: francesco--- via Users <users@ovirt.org>
Subject: [ovirt-users] Re: Console - VNC password is 12 characters long, only 8
permitted

Francesco Lorenzini <france...@shellrent.com> writes:

> Hi Milan,
>
> thank you for your answer.
>
> So there is no other way/workaround? We must wait the fix in the
> engine and then upgrade? Maybe a downgrade of libvirt(?).

I can't think about any other workaround, without modifying sources, than
downgrading libvirt, until the fixed Engine is installed.

> I was looking up some config file in the host under /etc/libvirt and
> found the parameters vnc_password in qemu.conf file. I'm not sure that
> setting a password per host in this config file works, casue it is
> still passed via xml...

In theory, you could set the default password there and remove passwords from
the domain XMLs using Vdsm hooks.  You would have to do it on all the hosts or
handle migrations accordingly.  Downgrading libvirt looks much easier.