On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 4:45 PM Demeter Tibor <tdeme...@itsmart.hu> wrote:

> Dear Didi,
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> My glusterfs uses the host's internal disks. I have 4 hosts, but the
> glusterfs use only 3.  It is a centos7 based system.
>
> As I think, I have to elminate the glusterfs first, because I can't upgrade
> the hosts until the engine running on there. That's why I think the engine
> will access  to them after the reinstall.

Sorry, I do not think I understand your reasoning/plan. Please clarify.

> Is it fine?

If the question is:

"I have a HC hosted-engine+gluster on 3 hosts + another host. I want
to move the hosted-engine (on one of the hosts? not clear) to external
iscsi storage. Will the new engine be able to access the gluster
storage on the existing hosts?"

Then, sadly, I don't know. I *think* it will work - that gluster does
not need the engine to function - but never tried this.

> What pitfalls can I except in this case?

Many, if you ask me - mainly, because it's a flow probably hardly
anyone ever tried, and it definitely goes out of the set of
assumptions built into the basic design. I strongly suggest to test
first on a test env (can be on nested-kvm VMs, no need for physical
hosts) and to have good backups. But in theory, I can't think of any
concrete point.

Best regards,

--
Didi