Hi Erez,

Indeed its in London ld6^^

Even if I use only "he_offline_deployment=true", the engine tries to reach
internet repo.

my version of ovirt-ansible-collection is 1.6.6-1.el8.noarch, it seems to
be the latest version available on ovirt-4.4 repo (I have tested on another
server that has internet, and installed official ovirt-release44.rpm
package, and it's the same)

in file
/usr/share/ansible/collections/ansible_collections/ovirt/ovirt/roles/hosted_engine_setup/tasks/full_execution.yml
, the var "ovirt_engine_setup_offline" is on line 38:

 38         ovirt_engine_setup_offline: "{{ he_offline_deployment }}"

in file
/usr/share/ansible/collections/ansible_collections/ovirt/ovirt/roles/engine_setup/tasks/main.yml
line 7 I have:

7   when: not ovirt_engine_setup_perform_upgrade

  am I using wrong repo of missing something? (as it seems I d on't have
the latest files)

yes it makes sense to have a look at hooks, so the engine is customized,
I'll check that.

It's just that initially I would like to test the "100% offline method", as
it should avoid me to customize the engine

10.243.140.1 is a simple internal dns server, it's not the host from where
I deploy the engine.

Yes I recently understood the created network between the local VM and the
host from where we deploy the engine. When I saw that "nameserver" in
resolv.conf of the engine points to 192.168.222.1, which is the vibr0 IP of
the physical host, I was quite surprised, because on old ovirt deployment I
did, the engines have the dns servers I've specified in their resolv.conf,
not the vibr0 ip of their host . But it's maybe changed later in the
process of the deployment

I will stop specifying the ova file as indeed, I don't think it's useful
here.

Just wanna make sure if:

 - 100% offline deploy is possible only using the extra var
"he_offline_deployment=true" (maybe I need to udpate some packages?)
or
 - 100% offline deploy is ONLY possible using hooks and internal repo

your help is really appreciated, I can understand that not all the scenario
are tested by dev teams, maybe my case can help other peoples^^

thx a lot, have a nice week end!

*Vincent Kwiatkowski*
Operations&Infrastructure - System Team • Itiviti
Production System Engineer

Direct: +33 1 44 50 25 45
vincent.kwiatkow...@itiviti.com

21 Boulevard Haussmann