Usually I deploy the backup during the HostedEngine creation.Have you tried
that approach ?
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 0:59, Abe E<aella...@gmail.com> wrote:   Hey All, I
really dont like spamming the forums but the issues I am having keep changing
entirely.
I am at the point where I can get much closer to rebuilding my engine although
my hurtle currently is restoring.

When I restore using my most recent backup it is problematic

Currently I am restoring by:
clean engine install
engine-cleanup
engine-backup --mode=restore --file=ovirt-engine-backup-20220504011012.backupĀ
--log=restore5.log
engine-setup

Comes up with alot of annoyances as the ID of the old hosted_storage and the
new one are mismatched in the GUI.
On top of that it is not allowing me to deploy the engine to the 2nd Gluster
(3rd one keeps deleting its glusters on reboot since 4.3 Upgrade).

Host 1 which runs the hosted engine is not showing as active or unlike, rather
it is unresponsive, when I tried to enroll certificates it finally accepted but
failed because it said its missing networks, once added it crashed the engine
and ha agent wouldnt come up. Now that I think of it, I could have removed the
extra networks from being required although it still doesnt benefit me here as
I am unable to deploy or reinstall the 2nd Gluster node and the first one will
not show its correct state as the host.

Should I just be deploying the DB, or is the full file backup fine? My issue
here is it takes long to redeploy so the trial an error of failing takes me
hours as my backup is from 4.5 engine even though my nodes are on 4.4 as 4.5
keeps causing the catastrophic failure of my whole cluster.