On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 8:14 PM Roberto Bertucci <rob.bertu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> thank you Didi,
> let's focus on first problem: hosted engine.
> For other problems i will open other threads, just to give other users
> clearer threads.
> i restored the hosted engine just to move it to a new storage domain.
>
> I followed the step-by-step guide from redhat:
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2998291

This is an old article, relevant for versions <= 4.2. What version do you
use?

> I already did those steps successfully, but this time i noticed that
> --noansible option was no more available during provisioning step:
>
> hosted-engine --deploy --noansible
>
> become
>
> hosted-engine --deploy
>
> I tried first to use an iscsi target as new SD with no luck and then i
> used an NFS SD.
> Restore has been done after deploying, as documented in the link above.

In 4.2, this was possible - you were asked whether the deploy process
should run
engine-setup for you, and for following the above doc, you should have
replied 'no',
login to the engine vm, then restore, and then run engine-setup.

In 4.3 and later this is not an option anymore - engine-setup is always ran,
and on restore, deploy also runs the restore for you, and if you need to
do/fix
stuff manually in the middle, there are means for that [1].

I recommend upgrading to 4.5, anyway. 4.4 and older are EOL.

> Installation job and setup job gave no errors, but now engine is not
> inside vm list.
>
> Any hint about what to search for?
> If things went too much though, i could do a brend new install of a host
> and therefore hosted engine and manage vm migration in some way (i.e.
> sharing SD, exporting and importing VMs)

This is also an option and has its own pros and cons, which greatly depend
on your
specific needs/use case/etc.

[1]
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible-collection/tree/master/roles/hosted_engine_setup#make-changes-in-the-engine-vm-during-the-deployment