On 7/12/22 22:28, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
glustereventad will notify the engine when something changes - like a new volume is created from the cli (or bad things happened ;) ), so it should be running. > You can use the workaround from the github issue and reatart the glustereventsd service.

ok, workaround applied, glustereventsd service enabled and started on all hosts.

I can see this log entry in volume Events

Detected change in status of brick 10.0.4.11:/gluster_bricks/engine/engine of volume engine of cluster McHosting from UNKNOWN to UP via gluster event.

but Bricks tab shows still two (.12 and .13) of three bricks in Unknown state. From command line point of view all bricks are up and healthy.

it looks like engine thinks that gluster service is disabled in cluster but I cannot enable it because checkbox is disabled. In my other (FC based) oVirt instance Gluster Service checkbox is not selected but not disabled. So I am interested what could make that checkbox inactive...

For the vdsm, you can always run '/usr/libexec/vdsm/vdsmd_init_common.sh --pre-start' which is executed by the vdsmd.service before every start (ExecStartPre stanza) and see if it complains about something.

[root@ovirt-hci03 ~]# /usr/libexec/vdsm/vdsmd_init_common.sh --pre-start
vdsm: Running mkdirs
vdsm: Running configure_vdsm_logs
vdsm: Running run_init_hooks
vdsm: Running check_is_configured
sanlock is configured for vdsm
lvm is configured for vdsm
abrt is already configured for vdsm
Managed volume database is already configured
Current revision of multipath.conf detected, preserving
libvirt is already configured for vdsm
vdsm: Running validate_configuration
SUCCESS: ssl configured to true. No conflicts
vdsm: Running prepare_transient_repository
vdsm: Running syslog_available
vdsm: Running nwfilter
vdsm: Running dummybr
vdsm: Running tune_system
vdsm: Running test_space
vdsm: Running test_lo

retcode 0, all looks ok...

Cheers,

Jiri

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

    https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-selinux/issues/27#issue-1097225183
    <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-selinux/issues/27#issue-1097225183
     >?
     >
     > thanks for reply, there are two unrelated (qemu-kvm) avc denials
    logged
     > (related probably to sanlock recovery)
     >
     > also I cannot find glustereventsd in any related log... is it really
     > used by vdsm-gluster?
     >
     > this service runs on no hosts
     >
     > systemctl status glustereventsd
     > ● glustereventsd.service - Gluster Events Notifier
     >     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/glustereventsd.service;
     > disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     >     Active: inactive (dead)

    it looks like root of the problem is that Gluster service is
    disabled in
    cluster settings and cannot be enabled. But it was enabled before...
    also I have to manually install vdsm-gluster when I (re)install new
    host, but bricks from this host are in unknown state in admin. Maybe
    vdsm-gluster is not correctly configured? Maybe glustereventsd is not
    running? I am just guessing...

    I have no access to other HCI installation so I cannot compare
    differences.

    I would be really happy if someone could tell me what circumstances
    could disable Gluster service checkbox in admin and how to enable it
    again...

    Cheers,

    Jiri

     > Cheers,
     >
     > Jiri
     >

     >> Best Regards,
     >> Strahil Nikolov
     >>
     >>     On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 16:44, Jiří Sléžka
     >>     <jiri.sle...@slu.cz <mailto:jiri.sle...@slu.cz>> wrote:
     >>     Hello,
     >>
     >>     On 7/11/22 14:34, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
     >>      > Can you check something on the host:
     >>      > cat /etc/glusterfs/eventsconfig.json
     >>
     >>     cat /etc/glusterfs/eventsconfig.json
     >>     {
     >>          "log-level": "INFO",
     >>          "port": 24009,
     >>          "disable-events-log": false
     >>     }
     >>

     >>      > semanage port -l | grep $(awk -F ':' '/port/
    {gsub(",","",$2);

    <mailto:jiri.sle...@slu.cz <mailto:jiri.sle...@slu.cz>>> написа:
     >>      >
     >>      >
     >>      > Hi,
     >>      >
     >>      > I would like to change CPU Type in my oVirt 4.4.10 HCI
    cluster
     >>     (based on
     >>      > 3 glusterfs/virt hosts). When I try to I got this error
     >>      >
     >>      > Error while executing action: Cannot disable gluster
    service on
     >> the
     >>      > cluster as it contains volumes.
     >>      >
     >>      > As I remember I had Gluster Service enabled on this
    cluster but
     >>     now both
     >>      > (Enable Virt Services and Enable Gluster Service)
    checkboxes are
    <mailto:users@ovirt.org> <mailto:users@ovirt.org
    <mailto:users@ovirt.org>>

    https://www.ovirt.org/privacy-policy.html