Follow Up:

So after doing more research, etc, I've discovered the following:

- Because the install failed the V-Bridge (virbr0 - 192.168.222.1) and the
Local VM (HostedEngineLocal - 192.168.222.77) still exist on the Host.
- SSHing into the Local VM I discovered that I could ping out to an ip address,
but not to a hostname (I used mirrorlist.centos.org, as the initial error in
this run was complaining that the Local VM couldn't download the
centos-ceph-pacific meta-data).
- The Local VM's /etc/resolv.conf file has a single entry pointing to the
V-Bridge.
- I did a "dig" to mirrorlist.centos.org and that command returned the correct
ip addresses, etc, and used the V-Bridge to do it.

HOWEVER, with some further experimentation (eg doing 2 pings to the same host
in a row, as well as other experiments) the underlying issue *seems* to be that
the dns requests are timing out - once the Local VM has resolved the
hostname<=>ip address mapping everything *seems* to run OK.

So, I'm wondering if any of the following solutions are viable (of course, I
could be completely off-track):

- Is there some way of adding the DNS servers that the deployment script asks
about to the Local VM's /etc/resolv.conf file (ie bypass the V-Bridge when
doing a DNS lookup to make the response time faster)?
- There is a `timeout` setting (default: 30 sec) in dnf config file. Is there
some way of changing this to a larger value on the Local VM.
- Use the `--ansible-extra-vars=he_pause_host=true` (or similar) flag to pause
the install, go into the Local VM and make one or both of the above changes.

If *anyone* has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Cheers

Dulux-Oz