It is my understanding that the 4.4 engine must be on Stream 8 before it can be
upgraded to oVirt version 4.5.

Is there an easy and reliable way to switch a 4.4 hosted-engine that is still
using oVirt's CentOS Linux 8 repositories over to oVirt's CentOS Stream 8
repositories?  If yes, how?  Also, what would be the rollback/recovery
procedure should the switchover fail?

In brief, our engine was originally deployed using oVirt Node 4.4.3.  At
present, the engine is at version 4.4.10.7.  Also, all our hosts are running
oVirt Node v4.4.10.2 and are using oVirt's CentOS Stream 8 repositories.

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.