Hi, Morgan.

Regardless of which technology you use on your domain storage (FC, iSCSI,
NFS, Ceph...) if it reaches Critical Space, your VM will pause.
What is my practice with regard to this: I always create a Domain Storage
with double or half the space left over so I don't run out of space when a
snapshot is created.

Please correct me if I'm wrong haha

BR.

Em ter., 20 de dez. de 2022 às 12:49, morgan cox <morganco...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi.
>
> Couple of questions regarding Fibre Channel Storage ..
>
> sing fibre channel storage domains  - I know when you create storage
> domains you get 2 files on them 'OVF_STORE' which are less than 1 GB.  I am
> using PREALLOCATED (RAW?) disks - if I were add a (preallocated) disk that
> fills the entire space would any issues occur ?
>
> e.g the 2 OVF_STORE files are preallocated so I assume they will not grow
> (or need another one adding in future ?)   - I have  noticed 'Critical
> Space Action Blocker:' size - what happens if my disk covers the entire
> free space in a stoage domain (when using preallocated disks)
>
> Also as a 2nd question :  Rather than using a storage domain if I were to
> create disks using Direct LUN (Fibrechannel LUN) is it a bad idea to enable
> SCSI-PassThrough ?  I ask as the simple FIO benchmarks I did showed
> improved  performance.
>
> Thanks

Att,
Jorge Visentini