Hi everyone,

Last week I had a server go down, which was the only node in my deployment
handling the hosted engine (ironically, this happened right when we were
planning to move the he to HA). As a result, we have been trying to redeploy
the engine but have had no success.

We have tried installing on every ovirt node ng stable version from
4.4.10-4.5.4.el8 and .el9. Unfortunately, each time we try to deploy the engine
from scratch, we receive either of two errors depending on the version. Some
versions fail to create the default network, which can be manually fixed but
leads to the following error. The deployment goes until the "Waiting for host
to be up" stage; however, it fails without any information as to why. I've
sifted through virtually all the logs but can't find the root cause. I am aware
of an ongoing issue in the ansible collection
(https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-ansible-collection/issues/695); however, even
the fix outlined there does not seem to solve this issue. Additionally, I have
headed the recent advice from Sandro to switch to the nightly version.
Unfortunately, this has also not been working on either ovirt node or CentOS
9/8, and today has resulted in the following error:

[ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": ["virsh",
"net-dumpxml", "default"], "delta": "0:00:00.077767", "end": "2023-04-17
17:00:05.980049", "msg": "non-zero return code", "rc": 1, "start": "2023-04-17
17:00:05.902282", "stderr": "error: failed to get network 'default'\nerror:
Network not found: no network with matching name 'default'", "stderr_lines":
["error: failed to get network 'default'", "error: Network not found: no
network with matching name 'default'"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Failed getting local_vm_dir

Please let me know what additional information needs to be provided; I am more
than happy to do so.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a version that is confirmed to be
working at the moment?

I am grateful for anyone who takes the time to look into my issue,

Xavier Lauzon