On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 2:15 PM carl langlois <crl.langl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to transform my hosted_engine setup to a standalone engine.
> Currently I have 3 hosts that can run the engine. The engine domain is
> located on a glusterfs. I want to simplify this setup by taking 1 of the 3
> hosts and setting it as a standalone engine and re-installing the other
> host as a standard hypervisor. Also i want to remove the glusterfs.  I am
> on 4.3 for now but the plan is to upgrade after this simplification. The
> step i plan to do is:
>
>    1. global maintenance
>    2. stop engine
>    3. backup engine
>    4. shutdown engine
>    5. install fresh standalone engine and restore from the backup
>    6. boot the standalone engine.
>    7. after not sure what the step to clean the old engine domain..
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Regards,
> Carl

There was a post from David 2 years ago regarding this same scenario:
https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/YQWLGVB7NUALLGJ47QYWFTXD25UJX57Q/
Inline in the message you can find high level steps and also a link to a
github repo (I don't know if and how current)
To be verified how much it does apply to your current version of oVirt.
I think there is not yet official documentation for it (at least for oVirt
as the upstream project)

HIH,
Gianluca