From: Alexey Valkov via Users <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2023 2:32 PM
To: users@ovirt.org
Subject: [ovirt-users] checking engine vm status during global maintenance

Caution: This is an external email. Be cautious with clicking links or opening
attachments. If you see this message as an email from an internal employee, it
is a phishing scam. Please report the phishing scam to s...@knauf.com and then
delete it.

Hi all,
I tried to check engine status (via hosted-engine --vm-status) during global
maintenance in oVirt 4.5.1 and discovered that it showed me status as it was
just before entering global maintenance.
Is it by design? And HA agent doesn't monitor and therefore doesn't update
Engine VM status?
If I remember right in oVirt 4.2 hosted-engine --vm-status showed correct
status of Engine VM regardless of Global maintenance.

I shutted down the engine but the output of hosted-engine --vm-status  was
Engine status : {"vm": "up", "health": "good", "detail": "Up"}

Notice
!! Cluster is in GLOBAL MAINTENANCE mode !!
existed in the output.

Host timestamp and extra metadata was  up to date.
All rest info looked good.

Thi is my second attempt to ask the question (first was at 24/04 and still is
being moderated).

--
Best regards
Alexei