Hi,

Assigning the uservmManager role on a VM for an oVirt user or for an oVirt
group that the user belongs to - should have the same result of course.

Are you sure that the logged in user is a member of a group on oVirt?
Please note that users and groups associations defined in Keycloak are not
automatically synced to oVirt.
Check this thread for more details:  [1]

[1]
https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/message/Z4AD6WSXYN36K7EVFU7VBXMQKGY474ET/

Thanks,
Sharon