On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 9:20 PM <vishal.mer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best way and steps to move engine VM outside the Ovirt
> environment. As of now the engine VM is controlling the host but running
> also on the same Ovirt host. VM must run on a different Ovirt environment.
> Want to move/migrate engine from hosted engine to stand alone VM

Latest post on this topic was from David one year ago:
https://lists.ovirt.org/archives/list/users@ovirt.org/thread/YQWLGVB7NUALLGJ47QYWFTXD25UJX57Q/

There are some steps both inline in the mail and in the github link.
The github link seems to not work anymore and the correct link now to the
doc seems to be this one:
https://github.com/dmwhite823/ovirt-site/blob/migrating_from_self-hosted/source/documentation/migrating_from_a_self-hosted_engine_to_a_standalone_manager/master.adoc

Eventually David can give more insights on his tests. I never tried that
path
HIH,
Gianluca