Hi!

We've been trying to understand what the effect of increasing
NumOfPciExpressPorts might be in terms of system resources consumption and
overall system performance of the oVirt Hosts.

In this specific scenario, we're running an oVirt deployment with about 100
hosts and thousands of VMs.

oVirt allocates 16 PCIe ports by default (or is it QEMU defaults?) and we would
like to increase that number to about 30.

However, only very few VMs are actually gonna use those extra PCIe ports in
terms of having additional devices (like NICs).

So, basically, there will be a lot of VMs that have about twice as many PCIe
ports available to them than now but not really using them (as in having actual
additional devices created and associated with the VMs).

How is that going to impact physical servers that are running the VMs? Any
potential problems for the VMs themselves?

Ivan