Am 21.09.2016 um 16:23 schrieb Gary Grosso:
Hi PDFBoxers,

A customer wants to embed MP4 video in their PDF. (They want to be able to view
with an offline iPad.)

I see info in the cookbook for 1.8
(https://pdfbox.apache.org/1.8/cookbook/workingwithattachments.html) and the
example at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFiles.java.
 Also Tilman's reply in 2014:

~~~~~~
Yes, please look at the example
examples\src\main\java\org\apache\pdfbox\examples\pdmodel\EmbeddedFiles.java
or
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/branches/1.8/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFiles.java
to see how to embed a file. There is no restriction on the type AFAIK.

Tilman
~~~~~~

My questions are:

- Is the above info relevant/accurate if using PDFBox 2.0?

- Has anyone had any personal experience with this sort of thing? (We would be
post-processing their PDF, which is created elsewhere, to insert the video at a
point where we would leave some sort of local-filename marker and sufficient
white space.)

I think what you want to do is to embed the video so that there is a screen area in the PDF, like embedding a youtube video - right?

Tilman